Monday, January 31, 2011

Holiday Plans

Write about what you would like to do for the holiday. You will also be asked to write what you actually did (when you return), so think about how you can compare your hopes and plans with the reality of what happens.


Whenever there is a holiday or a break, no matter what the occasion, I always wish to spend the entirety of my time relaxing and doing close to nothing. This would probably include sleeping late, watching TV (I would like to pick off from where I left off in season 5 of House), doing some  light reading (my borrowed copy of Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama has been sitting untouched for quite a while now), spending time with my dogs (I don't get to spend much time with them due to schoolwork),  or just sitting around the house. Granted, these actions are regarded as acts that may cause brain degradation, but honestly, I couldn't care less - the purpose of school is to give us mental push-ups, and the breaks are for the intermittent rests.

In addition, since it is Chinese New Year, I intend to spend the greater portion of my time with family. This will be a relatively easy task, considering that I am going down to my grandparents' house in Tainan for the entire break.


Unfortunately, due to external factors, including schoolwork and other related projects, there is no way on Earth I can do "nothing" the entire break. Some teachers gave out no homework for the break, and for that I am most grateful. However, to those who did...


Therefore, quite unfortunately, a portion of my break will be dedicated to completing schoolwork (the assignments that are due), as well as conducting research for the upcoming BeiMUN conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment