Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome Back!

Write about your holiday.

So what did I do during the break? Apart from the usual (sleeping in and messing around on the computer), I spend a good amount of time with my friends from my previous school. As we have all split up to go to different schools, I don't get to see them as much as I would like to (though they get together more often than I am able to since they all generally go back to Taipei often), and I usually rely on the holidays to get together with them and joke, play XBox, play basketball, and just have a good time.

This holiday I went with my father up to Taipei as often as I was allowed to, and there I was able to spend some time with the old gang. Most recently, we went and had a sleepover at one particular person, Alain's, house. He just recently transferred to the Philippines and we don't see from him often. That night we stayed up until 3:30 playing Halo: Reach on the XBox. Being able to hang out with the guys was very stimulating and pleasing, and it was pretty regrettable when the break ended.

Christmas in Jhunan seemed to pass without anyone knowing it, but I don't really blame them - in a mostly-Hakka town, you can't expect them to celebrate a foreign holiday. Our family didn't really celebrate Christmas, either, and hardly regarded the occassion. However that night I did acknowledge that it was a time to remember and honor Jesus's birth on Earth, and what he would later go on to be known as. Silent Night wasn't such a bad night. The day before Christmas Eve was also my sister's birthday, and we had two cakes - one was bought, and another was given by one of my dad's collegues. I don't think I will be wanting any more cake for a while.

On New Year's Eve, our family did what we do every year: stay at home and watch the fireworks on the news. I can't say I was particularly impressed with this year's exhibition of fireworks, but it wasn't all that bad. Later on the news I heard that the performance didn't quite go as planned. Bummer.

Our family also went on a few trips out of doors; apart from going to Taipei (and they can't count as trips because my dad still needed to work), we went to Taoyuan and Nantou (both times to a mountain), and also visited a local fish harbor.

While I am particularly disappointed break is over (in an understatement - in reality I am closer to annoyed and resentful), I guess too much rest isn't good either... And I can't believe I just said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment