Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Your Role

Describe your role in the class Of Mice and Men video project. What is your job or jobs? What have you done so far? Has it been a good experience, or have you had some frustrations? What is left for you to do? What is your opinion on how the final project will turn out? Give an honest appraisal of your own level of effort so far.

My role in the Of Mice and Men video project seems to have deviated from what I originally signed up for. I originally wanted to be involved with the video shooting or editing, and actually requested to be a video editor. Somehow, though, I am now an actor. I love watching actors through various forms of literature representations and media, but I don't like acting. It's a self-conscious thing.
The jobs of others include acting roles, screenwriters, a cinematographer, a video editor, and of course our beloved director.

To state it bluntly, we have done little or nothing. Oh sure, the script is written and the character roles are assigned. Mostly. And sure, we've talked about how the cinematography will be and how the scenes will be set up. Mostly. But have we actually implemented any of those ideas in reality? Well, no. Has everything been planned and scheduled meticulously and has every minute detail regarding the film, including costume design and props, been addressed and taken care of? Hardly at all. What is left for us to do? Everything.

So, how well do I think it will turn out? Well, I don't know exactly what is there to do. That's why I'm not the director. But I think I have the sensibility to know that a lot is missing and that we need a more punctuate plan. And we need to get started on filming, but because of the different extracurricular activities each person has after school, this has been difficult. How do I think it will turn out? Now it seems like production is in development hell. We'll see if things work out at all.

I haven't been giving much. My role in the project has been minimal, and so far all there is to do is participate in the group discussions (which, you can see, have always been productive, since we've had several weeks to prepare but have not started filming yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment