Monday, May 30, 2011

Project Reflection

What did you learn by doing the project on the book of your choice? How would you characterize the level of effort it took to read the book? How much effort did you put into the effort? How long did it take you to complete? In the final analysis, do you feel like the exercise was worthwhile? If so, why? If not, why not? Could it have been a deeper learning experience in some way? Did your own participation and effort have an effect on the value of the project as a learning experience?

The biggest thing I learned was to not procrastinate and put projects off - I left my report off and part of my poster to do last, which ultimately led to me staying up late to finish the project to the best of my ability. I think I put a reasonably solid effort into the creation of this project; I think I was able to effectively and thoroughly analyze the literary elements and feel as if I was able to procure most of the themes from the book.

I put in probably close to five total hours worth of time into the project - probably a couple hours for the report and another couple to create the visual. Overall I'm satisfied with the effort I put in - I just wish some of it didn't feel rushed and last-minute. But that's my own fault.

I think that reading Night provoked some deep questions for me, and as a result I think I was able to analyze the themes and symbols of the story with competence. The themes part of my final analysis is what I'm most content with. Yes, I think this was a worthwhile assignment as it is a broad review of what the class as taught over the course of the year and was able to show how well we knew the material.

I would have liked more emphasis placed on symbols and meaningful themes, but everything that should have been included was included, and ultimately what each person wrote in each section of the literary analysis was based on the person's participation and own desire to explain what he or she learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment